Charting isn’t always a straight-forward as it might seem. But we’re here to make it easy with (4) simple steps to get you started.
STEP 1: Load Data.
There are (3) ways for you to load data.
- Load from an Excel spreadsheet or connect to a Google Spreadsheet.
- Power your charts directly from a database by connecting it with an iCharts API connector. Learn more about setting one up.
- Enter data manually. If you don’t have a spreadsheet but have the data on hand, type it in yourself.
You don’t need to be a graphic designer to make a good, clean, stylish chart. All it takes is one click.
- Browse through iCharts’ (15) pre-built design templates for additional background and formatting options.
- Apply a template in 1-click. Edit it as often as you like. Explore what can be changed.
- Or create your own custom design template to match your brand or style (platinum plan only). Find inspiration on our ChartChannel.
STEP 3: Create and Publish Charts.
Put the final touches on your chart and determine just how private or public you’d like it to be.
- Customize! Choose size, color, form factor, images, logo and much more. (Note: Options vary by plan type.)
- Add comments to your charts.
- Turn on/off interactive features – such as Sliders, Filters and Legends that are automatically generated to your chart/graph by iCharts.
- Choose Public or Private as your chart setting. See what the difference is.
- Share – via email, embed on your blog/website, share with another iChart’s user (account: account sharing) or post on your favorite social network.
STEP 4: Create a ChartBook.
Need cool reports with charts? Create a ChartBook.
- Include as many pages as you like.
- Drag and drop (unlimited) interactive charts into your ChartBook
- Rearrange charts on the fly with 1-click
- Add text-only charts into your ChartBook for additional context
- Share your ChartBook with other iChart’s users.