Getting you started is a simple four-step process.
STEP 1: Load your data in a number of ways
There are three ways for you to load your data.
- Load it from an Excel spreadsheet or connect to a Google Spreadsheet. Read a bit about how to prepare your data before you do.
- Power your charts directly from a database by connecting it with an iCharts API connector. Learn more about setting one up.
- Enter data manually. If you don’t have a spreadsheet but have the data on hand, type it in yourself. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with how to do just that.
STEP 2: Design and format with our help
You don’t need to be a graphic designer to make a good, clean, stylish chart. All it takes is one click.
- Browse through iCharts’ 15 pre-built design templates for additional background and formatting options.
- Apply a template in 1-click. Edit it as often as you like. Explore what can be changed.
- Or create your own custom design template to match your brand or style (Platinum Plan only) . Find inspiration on our ChartChannel.
STEP 3: Create and publish your chart
Put the final touches on your chart and determine just how private or public you’d like it to be.
- Customize! Choose size, color, form factor, images, logo and much more. (Note: Options vary by plan type.)
- Add comments to your charts.
- Turn on/off interactive features – such as Sliders, Filters and Legends that are automatically generated to your chart/graph by iCharts.
- Choose Public or Private as your chart setting. See what the difference is.
- Share – via email, embed on your blog/website, share with another iChart’s user (account: account sharing) or post on your favorite social network.
STEP 4: Create a ChartBook
Need cool reports with charts? Create a ChartBook.
- Include as many pages as you like
- Drag and drop (unlimited) interactive charts into your ChartBook.
- Rearrange charts on the fly with 1-click
- Add text-only charts into your ChartBook for additional context
- Share your ChartBook with other iChart’s users.