A saved search is a defined set of filters that return the latest data meeting that criteria.
Since saved searches are executed in real-time, you save the search definition but not the results.
- A Saved Search is a request for information. By specifying criteria and results information you will be able to search through hundreds, thousands or millions of records in NetSuite to pinpoint exactly what you need.
- You need to specify the Record Type you want to search. Then you would provide criteria and results you want to see.
How to create a saved search
You can create a saved search in any of the following ways:
- Go to Reports→Saved Searches→All Saved Searches→New and select the record type for the saved search.
- Transactions→Management→Saved Searches→New or List→Search→ Saved Searches→New.
- Go to List→Search→Saved Searches→New
- On a simple or advanced search definition page, click the Create Saved Search button.
Follow any of the ways above to access the saved search page, for this example I will use:
- List→Search→Saved Searches→New
- Select the NetSuite Record Type you wish to search in; for this example we will use iCharts Sales Quota
- Be sure to title the saved search then click Save.
- Set criteria to narrow your search, I have set a Date range in this example.
NOTE: I set a custom date range for this search that is static. Click in the field that says (Custom) in this menu to see a range of dynamic date ranges that will roll as time passes.
- The Results tab will indicate columns to be included in the search results as well as sort Order.
- Repeat these steps to add as many criteria and results elements as you like to your Saved Search.
NOTE: Be sure to check the Public box or select who you wish to have access by modifying permissions in the Audience tab. This is a custom record type, ‘For info on creating a custom record, see this article, Custom Records in NetSuite.’
To learn more about real-time visual reporting inside NetSuite without exporting to Excel, visit our iCharts for NetSuite page.