Marketing, with Data Journalism Emphasis
Are you a student or working professional looking for hands-on marketing experience with an emphasis on data journalism? Look no further than @iCharts.
iCharts is a start-up based in Sunnyvale, CA that provides cloud-based charting services to marketers, educators and journalists. The business is growing and we need a social media savvy marketing intern with an eye for data-driven journalism to manage, create and join online conversations specific to event marketing.
Upcoming projects? London Olympics and Elections 2012! Be part of the action this summer.
• Available min 10 hours/week
• Able to perform research for charting topics – general and event-specific
• Familiarity with managing and monitoring online conversations via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Slideshare
• Able to provide weekly updates
• Available virtually via Skype or G-Chat 1x/week to connect on key projects
• Experience with emerging online content curating tools like Storify, Storyful, Scoop.it, or Paper.li a plus
• FT work experience not required, but should be professional and have worked in an office setting before
• 2 years min undergraduate studies
**Preference for those with a Marketing, Communications or Journalism degree
For consideration, please email the following to email@example.com:
• Word or .pdf copy of CV/Resume
• Link to (public) online social profiles such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter
• (1-2) writing samples such as a blog or student portfolio
PLEASE NOTE: This is an UNPAID internship. Credits may be applied and work recommendations provided, but (hourly) pay not available until a min of 60 days on the job.
One thing we can promise – a fun, cutting-edge internship! We look forward to you, or someone you know, joining our team.