Jewelry is an important part of any outfit and overall look. The right necklace, earrings, bracelets, watches, or rings can add more to any outfit that would perhaps appear plain and unnoticeable. You should think of jewelry as the icing on the cake when it comes to completing your outfit. For many people, choosing jewelry might seem like an easy and mundane task. However, making these choices can often be very time-consuming and stressful. Having a perfect balance of jewelry for your look is necessary. This balance will vary and will mostly depend on your choice of clothes. Keep in mind that jewelry that complements one outfit will perhaps not have the same effect on a different one.
Let’s take a look at what you should pay attention to when choosing the right jewelry to complement your outfit:
1. Make a statement – statement jewelry is one of the biggest trends in fashion. Forget the simple, delicate, and jewelry pieces that are not noticeable. Dramatic pieces of necklaces, rings, bracelets, and earrings that make a statement are the ones for you. Satisfy your need with this fun, new trend of statement jewelry pieces. Jewelry piece, like the colorful and energetic Tagua jewelry, can make you look fresh and young. However, you should know that there is a difference between eye-catching pieces and the ones that will make you look like a clown. If you choose on the statement jewelry, make sure that the rest of your look is simple and with one statement jewelry piece, do not pair another one.
2. If in doubt, wear less – when it comes to choosing the right jewelry, one of the best rules is that less is more. Of course, this does not mean that you should skip out on wearing jewelry completely, but choosing one to two pieces to wear with your chosen outfit is a better choice than trying to pack all of your favorite jewelry pieces together. When you pick jewelry, remember to highlight your look, without actually overpowering it.
3. Try neutrals – jewelry does not only come in gold, silver, and bright colors, there is actually a wide spectrum of neutral pieces that everyone should have in their jewelry collection. The next time you are at an accessory store, try choosing pieces that are gray, black, or neutral. These will most likely set your jewelry apart from the standard colors and they will be easy to complement the majority of your wardrobe.
4. Do not underestimate watches – rings are probably the most transformative pieces of jewelry. If you are feeling conscious about your hands, put on some rings. These simple piece will right away increase the elegance of your hands and at the same time connect your whole look. If you invest in neutral, high-quality rings you will be able to wear them not only when you are choosing specific jewelry for your outfit, but at any time.
5. Personalize your collection – one of the best ways to make sure that you will always feel good about the jewelry you wear and have is to personalize your jewelry collection. Do not buy something that you think is boring or just because it will match most of your clothes. Develop a collection of jewelry pieces that will catch your eye and that you will feel comfortable when wearing. You will find out that they will complement your outfit more and that you will feel more confident when wearing it, then something you bought just because it is popular or will at the moment, complement your outfit.
Do not be afraid to spend some time and an amount of money for your jewelry collection. The effort you will put in choosing it will be well worth it.